Friday, December 7, 2007

God's Gracious Provision

Our oldest son, Steven, has just one semester of college left. He has decided to finish his studies by correspondence, but he will need to find a full-time job, housing, and a car in the next few weeks. When I notified our missions board of this change, I chuckled as I included the following line at the end of my email: “You don’t happen to know anyone who would like to give a car to a worthy cause, do you?”

Within 10 minutes of sending the email, I received a phone call from someone who wanted to do just that! What started as a joke became an answer to prayer that will not be forgotten. Steven now has a 1987 Volvo station wagon which runs well and gets 27 mpg. He only had to pay $640 for some needed repairs! Why should we be surprised? Our awesome God has said, “Before they call, I will answer” (Isaiah 65:24). Now we need to pray for the job and the housing needs.

No comments: