Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Shocking Response

I had a rather surprising reaction on Tuesday evening. A group of us were going from house to house sharing the Gospel. It was dark but there are plenty of street lights. I was approaching a home which has a wooden door with a decorative, oval-shaped window. As I walked up the sidewalk, I noticed a woman (probably in her early 60s) seated on the opposite side of the room. She saw me at the same time, jumped out of her seat and came running to the door. The door slammed shut, though I had not even noticed it was open until that moment. As the boom of the closing door echoed, a metallic or glass object hit the floor just inside the door. I called out that she needn't be alarmed since I was just offering her a Gospel tract. She was so upset I just left the tract at the door and walked away. Meanwhile two other women inside the home began laughing uncontrollably. As I visited the next two homes, I could still hear the laughter. I can honestly say I have never provoked such a response at any other visit.

No comments: